Embedded Software Developer Professional5 months ago - Jobs Offers - Ottawa - 76 views
We are currently seeking an experienced Embedded softwareengineer to deliver L2VPN software solutions for our Service-Provider productsusing IOS-XR. This is an excellent opportunity to participate in development offlexible software in CSG for the next generation networking product’s.
Role & Responsibilities
Participate on a project team of engineers involved indevelopment of protocols for Cisco products. Requires use of a strongbackground in SW design, documentation and implementation, on projects that mayinclude any of the following list of responsibilities:
- Work closely with other SW and HW Engineers to develop andsupport protocols.
- Author product and project specifications.
- Partner with Management Team in defining and planningprojects.
- Ability to apply advanced networking principles, theoriesand concepts.
- Quickly get to root-cause for SW issues affecting ourinternal partners
- Master’s degree or Bsc with 5+ years of experience in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related major
- Ability to solve complex problems involving multipleproducts.
- Ability to effectively present technological concepts to awide audience.
- Exercises good judgement determining how to best achievetechnical objectives of assignment.
- Creative problem solving skills and excellenttroubleshooting/debugging skills
- Excellent teamwork and people skills
- Programming experience (C), scripting languages (Python)
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux
- Experience working on embedded systems
- Experience using RTOS (ex: QNX, VxWorks)
- Understanding of networking fundamentals and protocols(ex: TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS)